They were unable to get Parker in on Monday April 22, so they said they are going to put him on the schedule for Tuesday. The doctor came in and told us he is scheduled for 4:00 pm and if anything changes they would let us know. She came up not to long after that and told us that he would be going in at 1:30 now.
Tuesday April 23. Today is the big day for Parker to go have his second Port put in his chest and I am nervous for him to go into surgery again. He did really well last time, and the doctors are great here so I know he is in good hands. I was happy the doctor came up and talked to us, because the nurses told us he couldn't eat anything after midnight, and the doc told us he could have solids until midnight, and then clear liquids until 10:30 am. Rob was at the hospital with Parker on Monday night, and I came home to work for the night. When I came home I went and picked Ethan up to go get some Pj's and clothes for the next day, but he didn't want to have another sleepover. He wanted to stay at his house and he wanted his family to be home with him. I felt so bad because I wanted all of us home too. So Grandma and Grandpa Peterson ended up staying the night at our house with Ethan. Parker had an okay night, Rob tried to keep him up as long as he could so he could drink his milk and get some sleep. When they came to give him his antibiotic, his IV was not working properly so they had to call the IV team up again to get a new IV started. Not fun. :( They got it on the first try so that is good news. So now he has been poked at 13 times. On Tuesday morning my mom drove me up to the hospital so I could sleep, and Rob headed back to Logan for work. When we got down there Parker had been up for a while and the docs had come in and talked to Rob about Parker getting this treatments done on Thursday since he couldn't get them on Monday because his labs were too low. For the most part Parker had a good start to his Tuesday, and then he started to get fussy and wanted to eat and drink, but he couldn't have anything. We were doing everything we could to keep him occupied while we were waiting. When 1:30 finally rolled around, the nurse came in and talked to us and told us the OR was running behind and it would be another hour. Then an hour later, she came back in and told us it would be another hour. I have always really liked our nurses, but I was not very happy with the aid and nurse we had as we were preparing to take Parker to surgery. At 4 pm they came up and told us they were ready for him. That was when he was first scheduled for, so I guess we got in for our original appointment. So when they took Parker down for surgery I walked down there with him and he loved the ride, but knew something was coming. The doctor came in and talked to us, then she took Parker back to the OR and my mom and I headed up to the waiting room. I do not like that feeling when you have to wait for your child in the waiting room. There is just a big waiting room where every parent waits for their child and then the doc comes out and talks to you, and when they walk out you can't tell what they are thinking, and then they sit next to you and then they smile and tell you everything went good and he did great through the whole thing. That is such a big sigh of relief when they tell me he is okay. After the doc comes out I still have to wait a little while before they call his name and tell you that its okay for your to go down to recovery and be with him. Parker did really well in surgery and I will go down to be with him for a little while, and then they will take us back to our room. After surgery we usually get to the room and he is a sleepy boy and take a very good nap. The docs said we can go home Tuesday night as long as Parker is doing okay, they will send us home with more antibiotics for 7 more days just to kill off any of the infection that might still be in his blood. We are very excited to be out of the hospital and to be home. :)
So Sweet! When we got to the room they had written a welcome note. :)
He was pulling crazy faces! Love him!
Parkers favorite toy in the hospital is the stethoscope, and yes they let him have it everytime so when I had to get it from him it was not a good time. LOL :)


Another little tender moment with my boys, the things I love most. I called Ethan to talk to him and Ethan was so cute when I talked him, he wanted to talk to his brother and Parker wanted nothing to do with talking to anyone on the phone, so I asked him if he wanted to sing his brother his song. He started to sing him Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, like he always does when he is sad. By the time he started singing, Parker was on the other side of the room. When Parker heard Ethan start singing he turned around and ran back to the phone and started singing back into the phone with Ethan. Parker doesn't sing the words, but he has the tune to the song, it is so cute! Love them! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment